Q&A Session (2021)

 1. Describe yourself. 

Confident, strong-headed, too analytical, anxious. Oh, and someone with a savior complex. 

2. What's the best thing that you've done for yourself? 
Getting a job, and having the guts to go to therapy after a year of contemplation. 

3. What was the best phase in your life? 
2018 - Bath, United Kingdom. I went on my first solo travel alone in a foreign country. Purposely missing my train to hop on a boat, get some souvenirs for my family, cycling on an extremely busy street alone. Talk to strangers, just enjoying life as it is. 

4. What is holding you back from achieving your dreams? 
Perfectionism. A shit load of that. 

5. Are you living in the past or present? 
It has always been the future. But surprisingly, I am inclined to put myself back in the past now. My usual 'what if's' or 'what I'd do' has shifted to things that have happened in which I consider as a negative event. 

6. Does commitment scare you? 
Yes. I run away from it. I am afraid to lose my independence, lose myself. So far I am not convinced that there is a person out there that would make me comfortable if I were to express any form of vulnerability. 

7. Do you hold grudges or believe in forgiveness? 
I am inclined to hold grudges this time, and I also don't expect people to forgive me just as easily as well. 

8. Are the books on the shelf being read? 
Yes. Even though it has gradually shifted from scientific studies of human evolution and genes to spiritual, self-help, and the geography of thought between western and eastern population. I've also developed interest in understanding how children can learn better in school settings. 

9. Who inspires you most? 
My late grandmother, Wan Habsah binti Wan Ismail. A living example that you can be everything -kind-hearted, a master in bakery and cooking, geographically knowledgeable and excellent in arts, a storyteller, a good wife, mother and grandmother. She is my comfort, and was always there during my darkest nights. 

10. What are your biggest strengths? 
I am rather extroverted and quite proud of a lot of my work quality. Quite confident in most things which involves leadership or handle any type of social settings. I am my own fighter. I am quite naturally good in cooking, and turns out I make an amazing teacher. But a lot of it comes with the price of being an over-achiever. Unhealthy. 

11. What are the 3 most valuable things in your life? 
Being able to help my students be comfortable with sharing their vulnerability, while also putting most effort in making sure my mental health is in check. To always take chances, and stick to my values though it may break some people along the way. 

12. What are the bad habits you want to break? 
Stop re-analyzing insignificant scenarios, be more comfortable with inconsistency (change) in regards to the things I have little to no control of. 

13. What are you pretending to not know? 
That this world will always revolve around the acknowledgements of men, and that I am supposed to 'give up' a career or aspiration because I am a woman. Makes me feel more pressed to be honest. 

14. Based on your daily routines and actions, where can you expect to be in 5 years? 
To start again enrolling for masters/PhD relevant to clinical psychology or educational psychology. To have quite an important role in education (specifically teaching) relating to promoting STEM to students. To get that increment and be recognized for my full potential which I am fully aware of. To finally be able to afford going abroad on a solo trip to Italy and enjoy the view of Dolomites. To actively promote the importance of mental health. 

15. What do you wish to learn?
To be more comfortable embracing the unknowns, it bothers me a lot. But Covid-19 is slowly toning down that fear for me. 
Home