Financial Freedom

 Hi readers, 

This blog is incredibly long-dusted, but that doesn't mean it should ever stay that way. I have the motivation to write my overwhelming feeling of happiness -money. 

Yes, money. Not from anyone, but my own. 

It is rather tiring having to rely on my parents my whole life, unable to make the slightest mistakes as I am in debt with the financial sacrifices they have provided me. I have also experienced a bit of unease with some individuals who have thought it was okay to take advantage of my allowance money just cause. I understand I am privileged, as much as I used to refuse admitting it. But truly, the burden lifted off, mentally, is beyond my imagination of ever being content. Alhamdulillah. 

Yes, my salary is the level of a fresh graduate, it's not too high. However, I am still a bachelor, currently living under the same roof with my family, zero monthly rent, no  daily fuel consumption to work due to WFH, so it is good enough. More than enough than not having any income. And I am taking it as getting experience, so I will gain increments or a higher pay in future career.  I am not a big spender when it comes to items, but I do love spending on food. On books. 

But that's not my point. My satisfaction comes when I was able to lend money to my grandparents, my parents, my siblings. I would spend a bit more for my best friend's birthday gifts. I can contribute to purchasing my new car. I was able to sedekah, every now and then to vendors out there who were very much struggling with MCO. It makes me smile, seeing their sad faces light up. They need it more than I do. Having the power of control, financially, allowed me to do things I would only normally dream of doing -getting out of guilt of having to depend on anyone. I can see there is indeed beauty in gaining money, especially if you are a young adult. 

Most importantly, I have money to attend therapy. I wrote this because I was laying on my sofa, scrolling on Zalora app to check out something I can spend my money on. I haven't bought myself anything for the past two months tbh. I want to, but I really have no clue what to get. So instead, I looked up my bank account balance, transferred 50% of my salary to ASB, and signed up for my first investment tomorrow. I don't have a high-expectation goal this year related to studies or career, I want to focus on financial growth, and my mental health. 

Given my background, I am clearly not going to give any financial advice. Everyone has a different story to tell, more commitments, etc. But the only thing I will say, is do the best in every responsibility you take. Ikhlas. My money has never been insufficient no matter how much I spend for others because it is money well-deserved. No guilt, no shame. Only you know how much you have worked hard for it. 

Thanks to my income, and to Him for fulfilling my wish to find a job during this pandemic, I can head towards that direction. Insya-Allah. For anyone who is still studying, eager to graduate and gain income, I shall pray for you too. 

Home